Leading Off Campus
Success is more than just your GPA, it’s skills plus connections. Leading Off Campus is aimed at bridging the gap between collegiate students and local industry to increase retention of collegiate talent to the region, while equipping them with the core competencies they need to excel in their first professional roles. Leading Off Campus is a semester-long program consisting of five unique sessions, lasting from August to December.
Students are eligible for the Leading Off Campus program if they meet one of the following criteria:
- The Student is an enrolled college undergraduate student (Sophomore and above).
- The Student is a graduate student with no real relevant work history.
Students must also have a minimum 2.75 GPA and have demonstrated leadership experience on campus or in the community.
All sessions are from 8am to Noon, except for Commencement.
- Session 1- Orientation & Team-building: September 6th, 2019
Orienting you to the program and the business world.
- Session 2- Career Management: September 20th, 2019
Using the skills you learn towards your career goals.
- Session 3- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusivity: October 18th, 2019
How to navigate and lead in a diverse world.
- Session 4- Oral/Written Communication: November 8th, 2019
Hone in on the internal and external communication dynamics.
- Session 5- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: November 22nd, 2019
Solve complex problems that you may face everyday in your workplace.
- Commencement: December 3rd, 2019 6pm- 8pm